I lost 1 pound this week! This is a huge accomplishment and I am happy to be heading back towards Lifetime status. Any challenge in life is meant to change us. So I have to ask myself, What are you learning on your way back to goal? This what I’m thinking about:
- No matter how great I am doing, I will never be done with this, and I need to expect struggle as well as success along the way.
- Lasting weight loss stems from healthy food choices, regular activity, and a growth mindset believing I can learn and change.
- There is no one “right way” to do this well and I can work on being flexible because how I do it will change over time.
Workshop gave me a lot to think about today. Many people shared about dealing with all the parties, holiday visits, and cookie swaps. We celebrated each other as we shared the choices we made, so we remained on plan:
- Grilled chicken instead of a hamburger
- Eating at home prior to the party so she’s not famished.
- An apple instead of ice cream.
- Some grapes instead of cookies.
- Drinking water instead of wine.
I could understand it if when other people read this list they might be thinking, “Oh that’s so sad. These people are missing out on the fun.” Untrue. I say amazing! These people had fun, and made intentional choices so they may accomplish their goals. That is to be admired not pitied. It also would be just fine if someone decided to eat cookies instead of grapes. WW is teaching us how to live our lives in the real world, lose weight, and be healthier. So keep at this, take some time to tinker with the program whether you’re “Green” “Blue” or “Purple” see what foods satisfy you. Be really interested in you and your progress. You can do it!