Saturday is my day to get in touch with my WW community. I know I will learn new information, and benefit from listening to others as they share their experiences. The insights I gain help me throughout my week, and remind me that I am not alone. Sometimes, I leave with an idea that I want to write about, right away. Here are some quotes from my meeting:
- “Journey deviations make me lose my mind.”
- “Sometimes I’ll ask myself, do I really need this? And, I will say no, but then I eat it anyway.”
- “When I go to someone’s house, I’ll bring desserts that I don’t enjoy.”
- “I realized I had to stop drinking wine because it was effecting my weight loss. It’s not just the wine, it’s the cheese that came with it.”
- “While I was losing the weight, I had to come to understand that I was afraid of succeeding. What happens after goal?”
In a world full of hype, “messaging”, and image it is just such a relief to be in a room full of people who are generous, honest, present, reflective, and kind. Weight loss is hard enough, and I need backup if I’m going to live in that 17% of people who maintain their weight loss. To put that number into some perspective, 17% of the world’s population is from India. When I think about how big India is I think sure I can do this. However, I can’t say this enough, I am so grateful to part of my Saturday Morning WW community. You make me more than I’d be by myself.
Here are some tips that members shared today that will help you stay on plan as we head a little deeper into this holiday season.
- Plan your plate with lean protein and zero SmartPoint foods in a balanced proportionate way.
- Plan out zero SmartPoint foods throughout the day as part of snacks or meals.
- Even though we don’t have to, it is a good idea to weigh and measure zero SmartPoint foods so that we get an idea of serving sizes.