It’s the holiday season and I’m sitting in my living room, the Christmas tree looks lovely, Sadie is by my side, and I’m sipping some Cranberry Cider Seltzer (yum). This is a perfect time to take a few minutes to reflect on my notes from my Saturday morning workshop.
The workshop is a time to share, and this past Saturday, members shared what is working for them. Here are some lessons I’m learning in the company of others:
- This process helps members become more conscious about what they are eating,
- Members are examining their behaviors and designing their plan, their journey, to meet their individual needs.
- Learn and understand that there are no “off limit” foods just moderation and accountability.
- Learn to trust the program and to eat mindfully.
- Prepping and planning helps a lot.
- Understanding what my triggers are is what can help me to find a strategy for when things get rough.
- Practicing mindfulness adds a whole other dimension to the journey.
I feel so much gratitude because this beautiful community is a big part of why I was able to lose so much weight. It’s the support, the shared wisdom, the inspirational stories that make #WW special. I hope I make Lifetime this week; however, if I don’t it’s ok, because I believe it will happen. With the help of my friends (and of course my sister) I believe in me.
So wherever you are on this journey, I hope you regard it with the power and respect it deserves because this journey can change your life for the better. I guess that’s why #WW calls it #Lifetime. You are perfect in every way. There is no one else like you, and the world needs you – your voice, your presence, your perspective. So don’t be shy, open up and share what is working, the struggle, the lighter side of this too, it’s not all a drag! If you do this, you will be helping yourself and everyone with you, and how great is that? Thank you, for reading.
I know I’ve posted this last year, but I think there is a lot of truth in this little diddy.