Maybe, Day Four Hundred-Seventeen will be the day I reach goal:
Again, I was kind of shocked when I heard the news, a loss of .2 pounds was not what I was expecting. So, I cleared my head during the meeting and listened closely to the wisdom of other members. This is what I heard:
- Food! People are making really delicious (and healthy) foods. Food is a source of pleasure and enjoyment and they are still losing weight.
- Mindfulness! A member shared his mantra, ” Yesterday doesn’t matter. Today’s the day, what are you going to do?” His trifecta to success is Planning Tracking and Activity.
- Activity! The number one predictor of weight gain is linked to your level of activity. So go out there and move more.
- Growth Mindset! A belief that you have the power to change your life. Acknowledge the challenges but continue to persevere, change happens over time.
- Willpower! With the talk about growth mindset, my own thinking went back to willpower. This last month has been a big challenge for me. The thing is, I believe that every experience I have in this life is meant to teach me something. If willpower is a muscle, then right now my willpower is going through Ironman Training…
So, I’m not there YET but I will be one of these days In the meantime, I look at these last few weeks as an opportunity not to take my weight loss for granted. I am learning that I am truly tenacious that when tested I can dig deep and keep going. That’s a wonderful gift and I am truly grateful.