Maybe, Day Four Hundred-Seventeen will be the day I reach goal:
Again, I was kind of shocked when I heard the news, a loss of .2 pounds was not what I was expecting. So, I cleared my head during the meeting and listened closely to the wisdom of other members. This is what I heard:
- Food! People are making really delicious (and healthy) foods. Food is a source of pleasure and enjoyment and they are still losing weight.
- Mindfulness! A member shared his mantra, ” Yesterday doesn’t matter. Today’s the day, what are you going to do?” His trifecta to success is Planning Tracking and Activity.
- Activity! The number one predictor of weight gain is linked to your level of activity. So go out there and move more.
- Growth Mindset! A belief that you have the power to change your life. Acknowledge the challenges but continue to persevere, change happens over time.
- Willpower! With the talk about growth mindset, my own thinking went back to willpower. This last month has been a big challenge for me. The thing is, I believe that every experience I have in this life is meant to teach me something. If willpower is a muscle, then right now my willpower is going through Ironman Training…
So, I’m not there YET but I will be one of these days In the meantime, I look at these last few weeks as an opportunity not to take my weight loss for granted. I am learning that I am truly tenacious that when tested I can dig deep and keep going. That’s a wonderful gift and I am truly grateful.
This post has to be a short one tonight because I’m pretty tired. I have to celebrate because I am very proud of myself, I accomplished something important in my work and it looks like I’ll have another grade level completed by tomorrow. This is one of the hardest assignments I’ve ever had to complete and I’m not giving up. I think I will have discovered new reserves in my ability to keep going under pressure. To be able to say I did this will be a remarkable accomplishment. I really want to contribute something of value to the world.
If so much attention is going into this one part of my life, it’s only natural I will have to make sacrifices in other areas. I wasn’t able to get any activity points today because I spent the entire day working. I’ll have to pack my meals tomorrow morning and that takes time. So it looks like I’m going to have to cancel my spin class. I wish there was another way but I’m going to need the sleep and the time in the morning. I’m going to try for Thursday and Friday classes this week instead.
I had a decent day on plan. I thought I was going to roll over four points but I decided to eat dessert so I used them. Tomorrow is another chance. I’m going to set a mini-goal to roll over 12 points. I’m going to have to be strategic to do it. I’m going to save some fruit and tea for an after-dinner sweet. I have fat free Redi-Whip I can add to it. Another option is to plan in a savory evening snack. I have to think about that little more.
I hope you are doing well on your journey. I hope you are accomplishing things that are surprising you and that reveal your personal power to make changes to your life. You can do this, and so can I.