A twenty-two day streak, that is what I am on. I have been doing Noom, and it has been really helping me. I have lost 10 pounds of COVID weight. Plus, and maybe even more importantly, a cascade of healthy habits are taking root. Feeling good these days and I will happily take it. What kinds of habits?
- Drinking more water (at least 8 glasses a day)
- Preplanning menus for dinner (extremely helpful)
- Working out on the Peloton more frequently (even before work)
- Weighing and measuring my food (I have adjust well from points to calories)
- Mindful eating (eating in the dining room and being more present)
- Trying new recipes (they have been surprisingly good)
- Engaging in my learning (Noom feels like a course and I do like to learn)
- Keeping up with increasing step goals (they increase a little bit each day)
- Recording my weight each morning (this is a big deal it is giving me insight)
- Mediating before bed (making it part of a bedtime routine)
If you read my blog, then you know that many of these habits are ones I have written about in the past. It’s not like these habits are new, or earth shattering, but they do work. And, they work better in combination with each other. So just start, pick one thing focus on that, then add another. You can do this.