Getting myself together can be a real challenge. Sometimes, I just can’t get out of my own way because I overthink things. There are days when I just have to write a list for what needs to be accomplished. Today I want to:
- Work on the book (I am writing a professional book for teachers).
- Lesson planning for the week.
- Pack up the rest of Christmas and put it away.
- Clean the house.
- Create a dinner menu for the week.
- Go food shopping with a list.
- Pay my bills.
- Workout for 45 minutes.
- Spend some quality time with my husband.
- Prep for the week.
That is quite a list. It is a beautiful Sunday morning and I am very hopeful that I can make this happen today. I’ll let you know.
How’d I do?
So far… I’ve accomplished most of what I set out to do. I did not get to the gym but at least I walked the dog with my husband. Some quality time and activity rolled up in one. I prepped food for the week. My meals are packed for tomorrow. I paid my bills, and the Christmas decorations are packed away. The house is clean, and I did go food shopping. I have a little more planning to do before I go to sleep. Having clear intentions and organizing myself makes all the difference.