Living a healthy lifestyle in quarantine is hard and at this point I feel a little bit like the comeback kid. I was down for the count and now I have renewed energy to keep at it. I am in the midst of pulling myself out of my funk and into a good routine. That’s amazing, and I don’t take it for granted. Yet a nagging question persists, what am I learning from all of this? If I am not learning why this happens I am missing the point.
What am I learning?
- I have the power to decide to change my behavior
- I have the knowledge and tools to help myself live a healthy life
- There are many people in my life who want to see me succeed
- Caring for myself is not selfish it is necessary
- Asking for help is a sign of personal strength
- Having a community share my ups and downs keeps me grounded
If you are trying to improve your health, no matter where you are on that journey, GOOD FOR YOU! Treat yourself with kindness and self-care because there is no one in the world like you. You are irreplaceable, you are special, the world needs you. We are all a work in process and we need each other more than we know.