How do you reset after a setback? My weight gain this week did a number on my mindset and I’m having a hard time. If you decided to read this post, then you probably have an idea of the struggle that can accompany weight loss efforts. Seriously, sometimes weight loss can be so hard. I’m in the thick of it right now. Here are some feelings I’m having:
- Shock and disappointment and a loss of control
- Anger at results and/or at myself: emotional exhaustion
- Fear of being a failure who gains back weight for all to see
Writing down these feelings brings me a sense of relief that is sort of remarkable. Writing feels so good because as I name these feelings I am gaining some perspective and a sense of control. That matters, it does because the most powerful words are the ones that I either tell myself or won’t say at all. So, what happens next?
What I decide to do right now, will shape my future. What kind of future do I want? One where I am healthy and confident. How do I get there? What’s the plan? Here is what I am going to do today:
- Drink a lot of water, that will make me feel better.
- Plan out what I am going to eat today:
- Mixed berries, an egg, and a slice of toast (1 sp)
- Salad chicken breast, balsamic vinegar, Terrafina omega 3 booster (3 sp)
- Grapes & a cheese stick (3 sp)
- A glass of wine, grilled pork chop, baked potato w/2 tsp butter, spinach & mushrooms (12 sp)
- Monitor hunger cues to direct when I eat.
- Monitor emotions throughout the day, look for triggers.
- Indulge in night time routines and go to bed by 10:30 pm.
That’s my plan readers, so please, send me your positive thoughts and I will send them back to you. There is no reason to do all this alone. I think sharing the experiences on the journey makes the trail easier to travel. So, let’s go now and find some joy in the journey again.