I don’t know what it is about counting days that I find so helpful. But it is helpful. Perhaps it helps because the numbers knit a context for Today is day four of the “How Sweet It Is Sugar-Free Challenge, and I feel less hungry than I have in weeks and more in control. So to say that this challenge is making a huge difference for me is an understatement. Now, I wouldn’t go so far as to say, I am taking sugar off the menu indefinitely. Summer is coming and if you read my blog, then you know I have a penchant for Carvelite ice-cream! I am going to try to bring it back slowly and with limits built in. I don’t have a plan yet, but that’s a start.
Write a list of alternatives to a sugar filled dessertTuesday How Sweet It Is Seven Day Sugar Challenge
- Fresh Fruit: 0 sp.
- Rainbow carrots, english cucumber, cherry tomatoes: 0 sp.
- Grapes and slice up a Mini Bell Low-fat Cheese: 1 sp.
- Celery with 1 Laughing Cow Cheese wedge: 1 sp.
- 1/4 c Roasted Chickpeas: 1 sp.
- Frozen Banana dip in 1/2 c 2% Fage Greek Yogurt w/cinnamon sprinkled on top: 2sp.
- 24 g Pop chips Sour Cream & Onion: 2sp.
- 12 g Jiff Whipped Peanut Butter & apple: 2sp.
- 15 g mixed nuts, blueberries and pomegranate seeds: 3 sp.
- 51 g part-skim ricotta cheese with 1/2 cup strawberries: 3 sp.
- 1 c Cherries & 1/3 c Wonderful Pistachios: 3sp.
- 1 Jarlsberg Cheese Snack with 10 Utz Classic Pretzel Sticks: 4sp.
- 5 c Half Naked Popcorn w/a Hint of Olive Oil: 4sp.
- 30 g Jus Pea Puffs (it’s a lot they’re light): 4sp.
- 23 g Jiff Whipped Peanut Butter spread over 2 Corn Cakes: 6 sp.
- 1 c Fairlife Skim Milk 1 Kodiak Waffle (toasted): 6sp.
- 30 g Jus Pea Puffs mixed with 2 c Half Naked Popcorn: 6 sp.
- 1 Joseph’s Lavash Bread (toasted) with Sabra Classic Hummus Singles: 7sp.
- Apple Rings (cut apples into rings), 51 grams part-skim ricotta cheese, cinnamon, 14 g Blue Diamond Slivered Almonds, 14 g Craisins: 7 sp.
- 30 g mixed nuts, 1 Baby Bell Cheese, 28 g Boars Head Turkey Pepperoni: 7 sp.
This is a sweet or savory list of alternatives to traditional desserts that I have either tried already or plan on trying. As I was creating the higher point options, it was funny, I kept thinking: these are too many points to spend on a snack. However, whenever I get my Junior Carvelite cone it’s 7 sp. and I get that without blinking an eye thinking I”m getting off easy. It’s strange to put that context over this list. Anyway I hope you find this useful.