A strategic stance is just what I need to persevere through this next week. I am .8 away from my free seat and I am determined to get it back. My plan of action will be:
- Build each meal around zero point foods. Click Tips & Tools for access.
- Create a meal plan I plan on using Paprika (it’s a really neat app).
- Reflect daily on how it’s going by blogging here.
- Practice mindful eating using the Headspace app it is part of my WW membership (it is also very good).
- Remember that even though I’m creating this action plan, it’s ok to be flexible. Changing my plan isn’t a failure it is being responsive.
I am optimistic that by next week, I will be within that two-pound range for my goal weight. That does mean a number goal of losing .8 pounds. Wait, isn’t it bad to have number goals now? Absolutely not. WW never said it was bad to have a number goal. They said there are other victories besides quantitive ones. As far as I’m concerned, once I’ve planned and executed these steps I’ve already won.
I think it helps to think of the number as feedback. Feedback is neither good or bad, it’s informative. I did this… and this was the result… I get into trouble when I personalize that number when the number becomes a reflection of my self-worth. If I’m trying and failing I am already winning. My resilience stems from my ability to adjust my plan and take further action that eventually leads to success. Does that make sense to you?