Being fully present in my body is new. I’m getting used to holding my posture differently. I stand straighter and can maneuver my way through space with greater ease. In some ways, I feel as though I’ve been reborn.
Some reasons why losing weight is hard:
- There is so much delicious food!
- Food makes me feel good, I like to eat.
- Simple, we need food to survive.
- Everyone processes food differently.
- Knowing the difference between internal and external hunger is hard.
Some reasons why the journey is worth it:
- Being intentional about food choices gives me a sense of wellbeing.
- I enjoy food more because I am more intentional about what I decide to eat.
- When I make good food choices I am improving the quality of my life.
- Everyone’s journey is different.
- Naming how I feel (internal/external hunger) is empowering.
I am doing my best to make good choices here in Houston. It is hard because I don’t have so much control over what there is to eat like I do at home. However, I am being mindful and I’m very proud of that.