It’s one of those days… Instead of rehashing what made today challenging, I would rather think about all the things I’ve done for myself that I am grateful for:
- I have put good habits in place (weighing measuring tracking food)
- I can distinguish the difference from internal hunger versus external hunger
- I found physical activities that I enjoy doing that make me feel strong.
- I am generous with myself – I say yes to little indulgences like a manicure or something special.
- I find time to write every single day and reflect about my progress.
What is your list? How do you practice self-care? Thinking about what it is you do for yourself makes you stronger. I call this journey because a journey requires fortitude and perseverance if you are really going to see it through to the end. I can do this, I believe you can too.