I don’t think it is possible to write enough posts about kindness. It is so important to be kind to yourself on this journey. Weight loss takes time and it’s easy to fall into negativity ruts from time to time. A good way to talk back to those tendencies is through a positive stance that reinforces…
If you are a Weight Watcher member, you should check out the “Living” page on the website. There are many great resources there to help you stay engaged and on track. Be Kind to Yourself is an exercise I have found really helpful. They suggest that you talk to yourself as you would a friend. I personally like to imagine my mother’s voice, I miss her and it’s one of the most supportive voices I can imagine:
- Make a list of your positive qualities.
- Pay yourself a compliment every day.
- Do things that make you feel better about yourself.
- Give yourself regular non-food treats
- Spend time with those who care about you.
- Avoid situations that submerge you in self-doubt
- Stop beating yourself up
Here are my reflections…
- I’m a hopeful person who tends to be optimistic about things. I can think through problems and find creative solutions.
- I am doing a great job getting in activity on a regular basis.
- I went for a walk with my husband when he came home from work. It was sunny and it felt good to be outside with him.
- I bought myself a new dress (TJ Maxx on sale even better) yesterday that I will wear to work tomorrow.
- I love that I’m doing more things with my sister she is a great source of love and support 🙂
- Avoiding situations that fill me with self-doubt is a little tricky. I demonstrate lessons and work with many different kinds of people sometimes this is a challenge for me.
- I’m getting better at this, I used to think about my mistakes for a long time after they were over. I am learning that my mistakes are really opportunities to reflect and grow from. I really hope I will always be trying to grow.
Try this, it helps. If you aren’t being kind to yourself, now may be a good time to think about that – why not be kind? You are worthy of all good things, and just remember you can do this.
Here are some pictures from our walk – there is really so much beauty out there: