Whenever you embark on a journey you do so with the understanding that there may be times when you have to stop and ask for directions. You are driving along and all of sudden, the road is so unfamiliar and you’re just not sure that you are headed in the right direction. That is how I feel right now, I went up this week (full disclosure 2.4 pounds) and that makes me pretty upset.
I could wine and go over all the details about why I “should” not have gone up. How I tracked, I worked out, I passed on foods because I was keeping my goal front and center… But, who would want to read that? Not me either.
So, here goes, what’s next? I am going to focus on what I can control. I can:
- dust myself off and get up and keep making great choices.
- go food shopping and buy a variety of healthy foods.
- go to spin class – enjoy it – and feel stronger each time.
- try some new recipes so that I don’t feel deprived.
- be honest about my disappointment and move on.
That’s all for today. I will keep going and I hope you will too. This is difficult and that’s why so many people give up. Let’s be the exception to the rule and keep at it. That’s my plan, but it would be better to have some good company. So I say to you, “Come on… let’s get moving into 2018 – the year we all make it to GOAL.”